Wednesday, March 5, 2008

46 Hours Later







So I finished my first maquette! It was more frustrating and more gratifying than I could have imagined. Really the only thing I would have changed are the eyes. Definitely have more respect for Hoffman's work now.

This is a detective type character that I've been thinking about developing for a while. No, he doesn't have a name... Yet. It'll come eventually. The dragon maquette is going to be the problem now. I definitely feel done--but have yet to finish him. It's so cool though! Life consuming, but pretty amazing when it all starts coming together.

5 comments:

Scarlet Verdeja said...

yey! for freaking amazing stuff! i think you are the coolest modeler ever! so anyway I learned so much from your dedication and I think you are pretty much... amazing! oh, yeah, and your mom too! and her food! anyway the point is that you rock!

Audrey said...

wow... this is pretty much just as good as jons stuff and it's only your first one!!!

Jared Scott Greenleaf said...

he kind of looks cool without the jacket, bet you had issues putting it on being as it hides all that hard work underneath.

Stacey B said...

It was kind of hard letting go of the muscles... But then I remembered that you could see his wiring through the skin and it wasn't so difficult anymore. ^^;

Jonathan Hoffman said...

good work stacey! It looks a heck of a lot better than my first! How many hours total was it? just the 46? :)